- 1 lb raw sliced beef liver (in the meat freezer section at Safeway, or better, go to your local health food grocery)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup self rising cornmeal mix or rice flour
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tBsp brown sugar (I don't use this...)
- 2 tBsp canola oil
- 1 beaten egg
Preheat oven to 350 deg F
Boil liver in 3 cups of water until no longer pink
Remove liver and set aside the liver water.
Puree the liver and 1/4 of the liver water.
In a large bowl combine the rest of the stuff in the list with the
liver slurry plus 1/4 more of the liver water.
Roll out the dough 1/2" thick for large treats, 1/4" for small treats.
Cut into shapes and bake on a greased cookie sheet for 10 min.
Flip and bake for 10 more min.
Cool for 2 1/2 hrs to make extra crunchy.
Refrigerate in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks (they get moldy otherwise). Freeze for longer (bet they are really crunchy frozen!).
Makes 3-5 dozen